J2ME COURSE CURRICULUM
- J2EE —Java 2 Enterprise Edition.
- J2ME—Java 2 Micro Edition.
Overview of J2ME
- JavaME (J2ME) Upgrade for Java Programmers Course
- Understand the differences between J2ME and other
- versions of Java,
- namely J2SE (standard client-side Java), and J2EE
- (enterprise Java).
- Understand the environments, and their limitations, in which
- Personal Java
- Overview of profile system Architecture and Midlets.
- Understand & Create Midlets (Applets for Mobile Devices).
- Deploy and test Midlets.
- Differences between J2ME environment
- Mobile information device profile
- Creating MIDP applications
- Midlet suites
- Midlet deployment
MIDP 2.0 GUI
- Graphical User Interfaces with MIDP
- Displays, Commands, Pointers, Screens
- Animations and drawing
Threading and Synchronization
- Creating Threads in Java
- Streamed IO
- Socket IO (TCP/IP)
- J2ME IO
- Networking with HTTP
- RMS (Record Management System)
- IrDA – Infrared Data Adapter
- Push Registry
- MMAPI – JSR 135
- SIPAPI – JSR 180
- Game API