Overview of the SAS DI (Data integration) training
- Define the architecture of the platform for SAS Business Analytics.
- Describe the available interfaces.
- Define the change management feature of SAS Data Integration Studio.
Creating Metadata for Source and Target Data
- Define administrative tasks to be performed for SAS Data Integration Studio.2. Describe the New Library Wizard.
- Use Register Tables wizard to register source data.
- Use Register Tables wizard to register metadata for a Microsoft Access database table using ODBC.
- Register metadata for a comma-delimited external file.
- Import and Export Metadata.
Creating Metadata for Target Data and Jobs
- Describe features of the New Tables wizard.
- Explain SAS packages.
- Explain importing and exporting of relational metadata.
- Explain components of SQL Join’s Designer window.
- Investigate mapping and propagation.
- Work with performance statistics.
- Generate reports on metadata for tables and jobs.
- Define Impact and Reverse Impact Analysis.
Working with Transformations
- Explain and work on the Extract and Summary Statistics transformation.
- Explain and work on the Loop transformations.
- Investigate where status handling is available.
- Explain and work on the Data Validation transformation.
- Explain and work on the Rank, Transpose, Append, List and Sort transformations.
- Explain and work on the Apply Lookup Standardization transformation.
- Define the Concept of a Checkpoint.
Working with Tables and the Table Loader Transformation
- Explain reasons to use the Table Loader transformation.
- Explain various load styles provided by the Table Loader transformation.
- Explain various types of keys and how to define in SAS Data Integration Studio.
- Explain indexes and how to define in SAS Data Integration Studio.
- Explain Table Loader options for keys and indexes.
Working with Slowly Changing Dimensions
- List the functions of the SCD Type 2 transformation.
- Work on business keys, surrogate and retained keys.
- Detect and track changes.
- Explain the Lookup transformation.
Defining Generated Transformations
- Define SAS code transformation templates.
- Create a custom transformation.
- Explain the types of job deployment available for SAS Data Integration Studio Jobs.
- Provide an overview of the scheduling process.
- Explain the types of scheduling servers.
- Explain the Schedule Manager in SAS Management Console.
- List the applications that can be used to create and execute stored processes.
- Describe deployment of SAS Data Integration Studio jobs as a SAS Stored Process.
- Import SAS code.